- Host an Exchange student (camper) in your home for the summer program. If your family can’t host; you will be responsible for finding a host family.
- Group supervision of your team with attention to all of the following: program, health, happiness, discipline, cleanliness, safety, routine duties, character and skill development.
- Be concerned for the social adjustment of EACH team member.
- Help team members plan, carry out and evaluate projects and activities. Including communicating with your Team monthly prior to their arrival to camp and preparing for the upcoming camp activities
- Promote team participation in ALL activities, including assist with housekeeping chores
- Take turns with other Teen Ambassadors for various responsibilities.
- Exhibit personal habits, health, modest dress, speech, table etiquette and relationships with other staff that serve as a beneficial model to everyone.
- Set a good example in ALL you do as a Teen Ambassador. Activities are a fun learning experience.
- Work with directors and any other staff to iron out difficulties with facilities, programs and team members.
- Will stay with their team members at all times (day and night) unless otherwise assigned. (If you are missing, the police will be called!)
- Maintain the curfew designated by agents. No one will leave the activities/events without permission.
Teen Ambassadors Rules and Regulations:
To have a safe, healthy program that is a good experience for everyone, Teen Ambassadors will NOT:
- Use objectionable language.
- Engage in or permit verbal or non-verbal put-downs of others.
- Permit destruction of nature in any form (breaking of branches on live trees, picking protected wildflowers/other plants, carving trees, killing or torturing animals, etc.).
- Permit vandalism of property in any form or permit any kind of littering.
- Permit or have weapons of any kind during program activities.
- Engage in or permit excessive “horseplay” or physical “rough-housing” with team members.
- Make threats that are unwise to carry out or administer physical punishments.
- Be under the influence of or in possession of any drugs, alcohol or tobacco products.
- Permit or participate in any sexual activities
- Allow radios, TV’s, boom boxes, etc. to be played when they will distract from the camp program or the natural setting.
- Make or permit inconsiderate noise and disturbance in the cabins after “lights out” and before wake up time
- Drink soda, eat snacks or have any special privileges in front of the team members when they are not allowed to have them.
- Wear T-shirts, caps or clothing that advertise alcohol, tobacco or anything offensive. Wear bandanas, hats or clothing that would suggest gang symbols or membership
- You are an Ambassador to the Program, Families, Utah, and the USA. Make sure you conducted yourself as an Ambassador in all you do; with friends, social media, appearance, language, etc
Depending on the nature and severity of the offense:
- Warning may be issued to you and a notice to your parents
- You will be asked to leave the program at the expense of your parents; including but now limited to picking you up
- And/Or asked to leave and reimburse the Program for the costs of the event and damages.